At Landmark Smiles, we believe that preventive dentistry is an essential component to achieving and maintaining optimal oral health. For this reason, we recommend our dental sealants in Scottsdale for most of our patients. Dental sealants can be a great option for providing extra protection against dental decay and cavities. Wondering if you could benefit from dental sealants? We often recommend them for:
- Patients with chronic decay
- Patients with diets high in sugar, starches, and soda may also have an increased risk of decay and could benefit from dental sealants as well.
About Our Scottsdale Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are a safe, healthy and BPA-free plastic coating which is applied directly to the chewing surfaces of teeth. Once applied to the teeth, tooth sealants quickly bond and harden, sealing any depressions or grooves on the tooth. Once hardened, dental sealants provide a protective barrier from bacteria, acid, and plaque while making it easier to brush teeth properly.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
When it comes to protecting teeth, there are many benefits to dental sealant treatment. These benefits may include:
- Added protection from bacteria/acids
- Reduced risk of dental decay
- Creates a barrier between teeth and plaque
- Provides protection for up to 10 years
- Makes dental care/hygiene easier
Visit Landmark Smiles for Dental Sealants in Scottsdale
Want to make sure your teeth are protected from decay? Schedule an appointment with Landmark Smiles today to receive your dental sealants in Scottsdale, AZ.